Sunday, January 6, 2013

Easy Crochet Skull Cap




Hi All,

I've been wanting an easy little skull cap pattern for awhile, so I made this one awhile back.

As usual, I just started crocheting and looked for a pattern later.  Oy!  This is a habit I can't kick.  However, I was lucky enough to find a great pattern at Slave to the Hook, but I needed to modify it for my hook size and yarn type.

I used a size K hook, and two strands of yarn.

  • One strand of black in Red Heart Super Saver (that's right, the rough stuff.  The cheap, vibrant, indestructible, did I say "cheap"?, fantastic stuff)
and

BEGIN:  Chain 4, join to form a ring
Round 1:  Ch 1, 10 SC in the ring, join with a SL st to first SC.
Round 2:  Ch 4, TRC in the same stitch, 2 DC in each of the SC.  Join with SL st to top of the Ch 4.
Round 3:  Ch 4, TRC in the same stitch, TRC in the next TRC, *2 TRC in the next TRC, TRC in the next TRC *  Repeat from * to * around.  Join with SL st to top of Ch 4.
Round 4:  Ch 4, TRC in same stitch, TRC in next two TRC, * 2 TRC in next TRC, TRC in next two TRC *.  Repeat from * to * around.  Join with SL st to top of Ch 4.
Round 5-9:  Ch 4, TRC in all of the next stitches.  Join with SL st to the top of Ch 4.

Now, I have a bit of a melon head, and I think I could have gotten by with 8 rounds (although the tops of my ears are covered with 9 rounds, and I like that), so be sure to try it on after 7 rounds.

This hat isn't going to keep you warm when it's freezing outside, but it will do a nice job when it's cool, and it looks cute.

I'll be making more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment